Sunday, September 13, 2009

St. George with the In-Laws

A couple weeks ago I spent the weekend in St. George with just Luke's mom and dad. Before the trip I got a call that went like this...
Kelli: Hey Nicki, do you want to go to St. George this weekend.
Me: Sure, sounds fun.
Kelli: Ok, Milan will be there when we get there...
Me: Oooook. (In my head: WHOA! It's just gonna be the 3 of us?!)
I knew that Luke couldn't go, so once I heard it was going to be the 3 of us I was a little nervous that it would be awkward. Well, I was wrong! It was a blast! I can't wait to go again!
Kelli doing her thing. Makin' us some delicious breakfast.


Taking goofy pictures after our morning walk.

Milan and the waterfall.

I love the bar in the pool behind the waterfall. You can see the bar counter, but there are also bar stools in the pool. I loved it! It's the perfect little sitting spot. I spent most of the weekend sitting right there!

Kelli and I took a drive to Beaver Dam to get lottery tickets. This was the coolest Barber Shop ever! Who doesn't want a $9.00 haircut in a motor home?

On the way back to St. George, we drove the back way through Santa Clara. There is this old Indian Cemetery on the reservation. I am so glad we stopped here. It was amazing. I love Indian history! Kelli and I walked around and looked at all the things that are left on the graves: Coke Cans, Beer Cans, Hats, Personal Treasures. The graves were actual mounds above the ground. Some of the graves were really old and some were recent.

Pepsi Fan

See how old these ones were. I was intrigued at the old head stones.

When we got back, we went to The Brick Oven for lunch to see Lorin at work! It was so good to see her. It's been forever.

Kelli and Shamu!


The first time I tried to jump onto Shamu off the diving board, I landed it! I was so excited, as you can see!


Milan trying to find a better spot for his temperature gauge.


Me and Kelli playing Scrabble by the hot tub.

Winner!

Loser:( She beat me right at the end!

Taking a night walk. Kelli is pointing at the big forest fire in the background.



Watching for the satellite to cross the sky. We didn't see it that night. We figured it crossed the sky right through the clouds that were low on the horizon.

I spent more time in the pool this weekend than I ever have. I loved it and the water was so warm. I want to go back now!
Chin Ups on the diving board and pushups on the bar stools.

Nice wedgie;) haha

This was an attempt at a dive, but felt a lot like a belly flop!

Painting by Kelli!

Sad that we had to leave:(

One of the forest fires on the way home.

3 comments:

Niesha said...

I loved the pepsi grave!! I am so doing that... I enjoy history too so I can only imagine how fun that would be!

Janalyn said...

So pretty much St. George is my favorite spot on the planet!! And I agree with you on the littl bar on the side of the pool, my aunt that has a house down there has one in her pool, I was pretty amazed by it

shelley said...

It looks like you all had a blast! Kelli and Milan are so cute. I'm glad they invited you and you were brave enough to go! Good times!!