As of Saturday, I am 16 weeks and that is far enough to be able to find out if this baby is a boy or a girl. We do have our Ultrasound with the doctor scheduled for 18 weeks, but I could not wait. In fact, when Luke suggested we wait since it's only 2 more weeks, I almost lost it. Ok, maybe I really lost it and said some not so nice things. I'm sorry, Luke. Yesterday, we went to Fetal Studios to find out. I was sure this baby was going to be a girl, but was clearly wrong. Luke's face lit up when the doc said "It's a Boy". Everyone (but me and Misty at work) thought it was going to be a boy. Oh, and 1 person who actually voted "Girl" on my blog poll. The results were:
A girly girl her mommy will love shopping for. 1 vote
A little athlete, sci-fi nerd like his daddy. 8 votes
What do you think our baby is going to be?
A girly girl her mommy will love shopping for. 1 vote
A little athlete, sci-fi nerd like his daddy. 8 votes
The doc said he has big lips and is 200% sure he's a boy. Before the doc announced it was a boy, I saw boy parts go across the screen. I knew, but still couldn't believe it, even after the doc said it and pointed at "it" over and over. I was in shock a little bit all day. I couldn't believe we are really having a boy, but am no less excited than I would be if it would have been a girl.
Later at work, my cute mom showed up with balloons and a little boy present. I got my first package of diapers, this cute bear, some burpcloths, and onesies. It made my day and seeing the blue balloons somehow made it more real. I especially loved the balloon that says, "Yep, I'm A Boy!"I want an Arby's French Dip Sandwich everyday for lunch and tacos for dinner and ice cream anytime of any day. But just plain flavors of ice cream, like vanilla, chocolate, or strawberry.
I'm not as in love with Orange Juice as I was in the beginning.
Minty gum or anything minty has not appealed to me at all since I found out I am pregnant. Sick! Somehow toothpaste doesn't bug me???
The smell of Coffee makes me gag. I've made Luke buy 3 different kinds. Finally, this one isn't as bad, but still not good. I about died when I stopped at 7Eleven for a chocolate milk. The smell of coffee was so strong! Ewww.
Apparently the smell of Newspaper makes me want to vomit. It's really great I work for MediaOne who owns the Newspaper and work in the building that the Newspaper is actually printed. I just learned this fun little smelly fact yesterday.
I have NO motivation to read. I thought for sure I'd be reading every pregnancy book and magazine I could in 9 months. I haven't read one. I don't think I've even flipped through one. Not even the stack of reading material from the doctor I got at my first appointment. I do get weekly emails from BabyCenter.com that I read to see how big the baby is and what is happening with the baby and me this week. And if I have a question, I look it up online. Somehow, I have managed to read "The Purpose Driven Life" along with my small group. It might be a miracle. Plus it's a great book. You should read it.
My brain stops working at any random moment throughout the day and often. I love that I work with a girl that is due just 3 weeks after me. We laugh everyday, because we are constantly saying, "What was I doing?" Or I'll say "Misty." and by the time she says "What?" I have already forgot what I was going to say. And like when I texted Mandy and my Mom that we were going to find out what we are having at 11:45 and they start texting me asking for the result I realize my brain forgot to say 11:45 TOMORROW. Yeah, sorry.
One more thing, until yesterday at our appointment when I actually got to see our little guy, I hadn't really felt a "connection" with the baby. As soon as I saw him, it was like BAM connected! I'm so in love and happy and excited. It's so weird the difference I feel. I was recently reading a forum on BabyCenter.com about this. Some moms were saying they felt connected immediately, some not until the baby was born. I'm so happy to finally feel that connection. I didn't not love my baby, but maybe it just didn't feel so real. So, now I'm curious about all of you moms. Did you feel an immediate connection? Or was it delayed?


9 comments:
considering my situation, i was connected to a point, but it didn't really hit me until i found out that he was a boy .. and more so when he was born and i heard that first little cry and kissed him for the first time.
i was more in love with him at that moment than ever!
as for the reading, i didn't read either. my sisters were more interested in reading and telling me about what was happening to my body. so, i just listened and when i had questions, i called my doctor.
and ps:: a BIG congrats to YOU! :) i'm sure as long as it was human you would have been happy, right?
Congratulations!! Hooray for little boys! I love love love my little dude. They're so fun! Pregnancy does some funny things to you! I had to laugh as I read that. I'm glad you got some pictures! It's a great feeling when you see them and start to feel them. It makes it more real!
Oh, I am sooo happy and excited for you Nicki, you and Luke are going to make great parents. I can't quite remember when I felt that connection, but I want to say it was at the 2 week ultrasound, yes, we saw our little guy at an IVF appt we had and he was 2 weeks along, smaller than a tiny grain of rice . . .CRAZY!!! But definitely when I heard the heartbeat I knew I was in love. Wait until you feel them move around inside of you, it makes it even MORE real. Well, I am just thrilled that your dream of motherhood is getting closer and closer, but that is going to be a long and HOT summer, yuck! And sorry about your back problems, that sounds pretty severe and no fun at all!
Congrats on the boy!! I am so excited and happy for you guys! There are gonna be a lot of new babies this summer! We find out on tuesday and I cannot wait! :)
I am so excited for you. That is the funnest part of pregnancy I think is finding out what you are having. Good luck with the pregnancy I hope everything goes well. I am so excited I only have 27 days left. I am so ready to have this baby.
Yay! I'm so excited to meet this little guy! I think the connection grows more and more. I remember talking to her when she was just tiny tiny and feeling a bond. Then we saw her at the first ultrasound and she was just a little blob and it was crazy seeing that but the second ultrasound when she looked like a baby about put me over the edge. I was about to bawl it was so neat. But I agree with the person above when you really start to feel them move. It is really really amazing! And I can only imagine what it will be like next week when she is here! Yay. Love you, I'm excited to see you tomorrow.
COngratulations on a boy. I'm excited for you.
Congradulations! Athletic, Sci-fi nerds are needed now more than ever right now!!! HA! You guys will have such a blast! Any names??
Yeah! Yahoo! Yippee! I'm so excited! Love you guys!
Post a Comment