Wednesday, October 21, 2009

1st Anniversary

On October 11th, Luke and I had our 1st Anniversary! This year flew by. I thought a lot about our wedding weekend in Las Vegas. When we were in St. George, we actually made a quick trip to Mesquite to try to replay our jackpot win we had in Vegas. We left with about $80 profit after playing Craps. It was really fun.
For our anniversary weekend we took a nice fall drive up Big Cottonwood Canyon.
Snow capped mountains

As we were driving I was about to say, "We aren't going home until we see a moose or a bear." Right after I was thinking that, Luke pulls off the side of the road and points out the moose. I was trying to hurry and get a good picture, but I was so excited these are the best I could get. I seriously turned into a little girl and screamed "This is like a dream come true!" haha Who says that? It was my moment!

We made it to the snow. We got to Silver Lake and got out to walk around. It was freezing! The ice was starting to freeze over the lake. It was really pretty.










I love the fall colors!

We hung out at home that night, just us and the Murphster.







I love you Luke. Thanks for a great first year. I know there will be many to follow. You are such a good husband and a great example to me. I love you!

No comments: