Sunday, November 2, 2008

Happy Halloweener

Sherry and I decided at the last minute to dress up at work. I had these pirate costumes, so we matched. We also convinced our broker to buy the office pizza. We had to make the day more fun than a normal day at the office. It is Halloween after all. Aaargh Matey
Look out! Our hooks are really sharp!

Luke isn't into the dressing up, but I did convince him to wear this tattoo sleeve. When I got home from work, I noticed his cousins were at his grandma's house just down the street. So, we walked down to trick or treat. His grandpa gave him a dirty look for getting inked. haha

Us at Luke's Grandparents. Grandma Darlene was so proud that she took this picture. It was so cute. I just love her.

When we got home, Luke set up the BBQ and grilled us up some Cheddar Brats. Mmmm! We handed out candy to the whopping 5 small groups of trick or treaters. I love seeing kids all dressed up and was disappointed to only see one semi-cute costume. And it was only semi-cute, because it was a cute little 2 year old girl. The rest were teenage kids who make up some lame costume just to get candy. Lame costume, as in wearing all black and calling it a vampire or something dumb. While we handed out candy, we tried to get into a spooky movie. Nothing caught our attention, so we enjoyed last weeks Survivor instead. We had a fun night, just spending the night at home with Murphy.
I love when Luke sits out on his camp chair with his little grill. He loves using it and I love when he makes dinner for me.


Murph loves hanging out with us. He follows us from room to room until we settle in. He always has to be right by us.


Trying to get a picture with Murphy is not an easy thing to do.
I had to post this one. I can't believe how much I look like my mom.

And I loved Murphy's teeth in this one. haha

Our neighbor across the street had the best "haunted house". The guy in the window on the right is so cool looking at night. The picture doesn't do it justice.

My boys.

Murph lays right under our legs on the rug while we watch TV. He's all tuckered out after our fun night together. Other than the dressing up, this is how life is around our house. We love just being together and laughing at Murph at night. The house is still a mess as you can see, but it is liveable and coming together slowly. Life is good!

5 comments:

Crystal Hadlock said...

Love the pirate costume!! Oh the fun memories of halloween we have had together!

Kristen Victoria said...

Ahhh... isn't it nice not having kids? It's the sweet life. Enjoy these times where its just you, Luke, and Murphy! They probably won't last for much longer *wink wink*

Anonymous said...

Hey Nick! Love the blog!! Cute pictures. You made a great pirate...Aargh Matey! I love that you love to make things fun. I was glad to hear you decided to dress up after all. It's so much more fun. Even for me just hearing about your fun and seeing your pictures! And I don't know about you, but I'm glad when every once in a great while you very slightly resemble me. You three girls look so different but then every once in a while there's a similarity. Sometimes you have the same expression or something. So different and yet definitely sisters. I love you all! Anyway, I'm glad you and Luke and Murphy had so much fun. Luke is turning into quite the chef! That steak and shrimp look sooo good!

Heather said...

I LOVE YOUR PUPPY! He is so cute!

Becca said...

The hottest pirates, I have ever seen!