We had our first doctor's appointment February 1st and got to hear our baby's heartbeat! It was so cool. Luke left the room for a bit and the doctor wanted to make sure we could hear the heartbeat before she went and pulled him back in. As soon as she put the monitor on my belly it started thumping! It was so cool. I only heard it for a couple seconds before she went to get him. When she tried again, it took awhile to find it. She said "We've got a little stinker here." Uh oh. Everything looked great and she said our due date is August 17th. It's gonna be a long summer!
I have still been feeling great except my sciatic nerve has been a killer. Last week was awful. I only worked one full day all week. It hurts to sit, stand, lay down, and every time I move. It's lovely. I don't think I slept all week it hurt so bad. After my appointment Monday, I also had a physical therapy appointment. I love the lady! She gave me hope that it can get better and it has! It still hurts, but nothing like last week. I have stretches I have to do twice a day, and she taped my feet and back up to keep me balanced. Apparently, my right hip is much higher than my left and it causes pressure on the nerve. She told me she usually sees her pregnant patients 2-4 times, but expects to see me 6. Lucky me! Thank God for insurance!
I have still been feeling great except my sciatic nerve has been a killer. Last week was awful. I only worked one full day all week. It hurts to sit, stand, lay down, and every time I move. It's lovely. I don't think I slept all week it hurt so bad. After my appointment Monday, I also had a physical therapy appointment. I love the lady! She gave me hope that it can get better and it has! It still hurts, but nothing like last week. I have stretches I have to do twice a day, and she taped my feet and back up to keep me balanced. Apparently, my right hip is much higher than my left and it causes pressure on the nerve. She told me she usually sees her pregnant patients 2-4 times, but expects to see me 6. Lucky me! Thank God for insurance!


6 comments:
you look so cute!! :)
Yay for babies! You look so good! Love you
CONGRATS!! That's so exciting. It's the best when you get to hear the heartbeat and when they start moving. That's when You feel like there is something actually there and it's not just something making you feel super yucky! It sounds like in your case, you are feeling good which is so great!! Lucky you!! I am 32 weeks pregnant and my sciatic nerve has been killing my whole pregnancy! I totally understand. I should've looked into therapy. I thought about getting massages for it too. If it doesn't go away when she's born, I'll have to do something about it for sure, definitely not fun, it is very painful!! Again, so excited for you! You look great!
Oh my gosh! I can't even tell you how jealous i am of your baby bump! I have a wee one but it mostly looks like I have a gut(not caused by a little runt). Yours is so adorable!
You are looking so cute! Congrats on your exciting news :)
Hi Beautiful Daughter and Mommy to be!! Hearing the heartbeat is sooo exciting! I'm so happy for you! Yeah!
Post a Comment