It's true! I'm pregnant! I'm just over 8 weeks now and am due in the middle of August. Right through the heat of the summer. Luke and I are both so excited! As well as all of our family and friends. We can't wait!
We found out 3 1/2 weeks ago. Neither one of us thought the test was going to be positive. I had no symptoms, I was just late. Luke was the one that actually saw the lines appear on the stick. He asked what 2 lines meant. WHAT?! That means we're having a baby. Then he immediately told me the test I had was to "cheap" and we had to go buy a digital one. It changed just as quick and was positive as well.
Luke wanted to tell everyone right that second, but I wanted to tell my family in person which would mean waiting 3 weeks until we were all together for New Year's. We told his family that weekend. I ended up seeing my mom that weekend and couldn't wait to tell her. Then I ended up seeing my dad and had to tell him. The next weekend I told my sisters and everyone else. So much for waiting and making a big announcement. haha
I feel pretty lucky. I haven't been very sick, a little nauseous here and there. I have been extremely tired! I don't like orange juice, but can't get enough of it now. And the thought of any minty flavored gum makes me gag. I definitely feel different. I'm excited to get this experience and feel so blessed!
Here's a funny video of how I told my sister Ashley. I made a coupon for Avrie that said "Coupon good for one new cousin redeemable in August!" As Ashley was reading it my Grandma was talking to Avrie about her new cousin she's getting. She was talking about my sister's baby that will be here in March. We surprised them both at the same time.
We found out 3 1/2 weeks ago. Neither one of us thought the test was going to be positive. I had no symptoms, I was just late. Luke was the one that actually saw the lines appear on the stick. He asked what 2 lines meant. WHAT?! That means we're having a baby. Then he immediately told me the test I had was to "cheap" and we had to go buy a digital one. It changed just as quick and was positive as well.
Luke wanted to tell everyone right that second, but I wanted to tell my family in person which would mean waiting 3 weeks until we were all together for New Year's. We told his family that weekend. I ended up seeing my mom that weekend and couldn't wait to tell her. Then I ended up seeing my dad and had to tell him. The next weekend I told my sisters and everyone else. So much for waiting and making a big announcement. haha
I feel pretty lucky. I haven't been very sick, a little nauseous here and there. I have been extremely tired! I don't like orange juice, but can't get enough of it now. And the thought of any minty flavored gum makes me gag. I definitely feel different. I'm excited to get this experience and feel so blessed!
Here's a funny video of how I told my sister Ashley. I made a coupon for Avrie that said "Coupon good for one new cousin redeemable in August!" As Ashley was reading it my Grandma was talking to Avrie about her new cousin she's getting. She was talking about my sister's baby that will be here in March. We surprised them both at the same time.

5 comments:
That is awesome, we are so excited for you!! Good Luck with the next few months.
Congratulations! :)
Congrats! It's so fun! I am pregnant too and due in July. I know how hard it is to keep a secret. I had such a hard time waiting until Christmas to tell everyone!
i guess i could have read a little further, im retarded. so i am so excited for you and cant wait for you to experience a kid, its amazing. but being pregnant during the summer is not. oh well its worth every second.
Yahoo!! Yippee!! Yeehaw!! Etc.!!!!
Post a Comment