The Involve committee at work set up a team to run/walk The Race for the Cure. If we would have had the cute papers that said "In Celebration Of...", mine would have said "In Celebration Of My Grandma Mary and Starlie Squires". Obviously my Grandma (my moms mom) and one of my best friends, Nicole's mom is Starlie. I am so thankful that they are survivors!!! I don't know Starlie very well, but have heard stories from Nicole who loves her mother so much!! My Grandma Mary thankfully caught her cancer early and only went through radiation and didn't have to go through chemo. I pray that there is a cure SOON!
At the start getting ready for our 5K walk.
It was sad to see the groups that were walking "In memory of" rather than "In celebration of" especially like those above who had lost a loved one in the past month or so. God bless those families!
Avrie, this picture is for you! My mom told me I needed a picture with The Utah Grizzlies (hockey) bear to show Avrie how brave I am.

4 comments:
Nicki, this is so cute. Thank you so much for the nice things you said about me and my mom!! When in the world are you coming to Washington :)
Nicki, thanks for getting me involved. It was a great day for a great cause. I hope they make tremendous progress! It was neat to see so many people involved and supporting the survivors and families and remembering those not so lucky. It was a very positive experience. Thanks again and thanks for caring about so many people and doing something about it! I really appreciate you!! And I'm really grateful that my Mom is a survivor!! Way to go Mom!! I love you!!
That is great that you were able to do that I just did a relay for life I hope for a cure soon we lost my mother in law to breast cancer back in 2004. Im glad there are so many people that are willing to do these things for a wonderful cause hope there is a cure soon.
wow nicki, very cool! love all your pics too.
Post a Comment