When I heard that Mandy and Sam's graduation was coming up, I knew that I really wanted to be there for them. Being broke and going out of town is not easy. Joey (my stepdad) and I haven't always had the closest relationship. It has definitely come a long way, especially in the past couple years. My mom called me a couple weeks ago and Joey got on the phone to tell me "You have to come down with us. You and your mom always get to hang out, but we never do". I thought it was so funny. I told him I'd go. I was actually looking forward to it and was excited all week.
We stayed in Mesquite Friday night and graduation was Saturday in Cedar City at SUU. Mandy got her Bachelor's degree in Elementary Education and Sam in Communications. Congratulations guys!

Joey had his eye on a truck for sale in St. George. We met the guy at Walmart and Joey took the truck for a quick ride, just to find out it needed a lot more work than it was worth. In the meantime, I painted my toes. Time for summer!

Don't worry Mom. I still love you just as much!

Bonding already!

We made it to Mesquite. Mandy and Sam met us at CasaBlanca for crab legs!

Joey loves Homer. We found Mandy a card with Homer singing. There is a video at the end of the post of this blog of Joey listening to the card. It was a hit. Sam and Mandy both laughed pretty hard.


This is an awesome picture. I don't know if Joey's messy face or my mom's funny face in back is better. Ok, both together makes it perfect!

I totally spilled all over his shirt in this one.

I'm glad you guys came down for dinner. I am sad though, that we didn't win the $500 for signing up for the casino players card:(



We loved playing Wheel of Fortune. (Don't try to figure out who the dude is in the front of this top pic, he's a stranger).


We had a great time hanging out together. Thanks for all the fun! I love you guys! Once again, here's the video of Joey listening to the Homer card...
2 comments:
Yeah! A very fun weekend. Lots of bonding and fun was had by all! I wish Mandy would have felt better but it was so cool to go to the graduation. A very proud "Mom Moment" Aahhh.... I'm glad you went down with us! And so was Joey. You guys were so funny. LOL
Oh fun! We were in Mesquite for a couple of hours this past weekend too! Oh, and I LOVE the Homer card...It made me happy.
Post a Comment