I can't tell you how great this weekend has been! Thanksgiving was great. I decided to see what all this Black Friday crap is all about. Got my butt out of bed and out of the house at 4:45 am to make it to Walmart at 5:00 am. Whoever thought that was a good idea was insane. Somehow I managed to put some jeans and a t-shirt on and get my teeth brushed. I pulled into the parking lot just before 5:00 and the parking lot was packed. It was a joke and not a very funny one. I was thinking even if I don't get anything, I'm at least going to get a good laugh at all the crazy ladies trying to get a great deal. I'll tell you what, nothing is funny at 5:00 in the morning. I walked in the store and it was so quiet. I couldn't see anyone. I grabbed what I was going for and turned up the aisle towards the toys. That's when I heard a mob of crazies! Everyone screaming and pushing. The pushing did nothing. The carts were side by side, crammed as tight as possible. Lucky for me I didn't have a cart and was able to squeeze my way through the madness just to see if there was anything else I might want to buy. I had 4 things total. The whole time I just kept saying to myself "This is so stupid!" The pushing, the yelling, the meanness. It was awful. I got in line with my 4 little things and waited probably an hour just to save myself a few bucks. I will never do it again! Ok, never say never. Maybe if I'm going for one of the huge awesome deals like a TV or computer or something awesome for my future kids. But I will take a friend. Someone has to man the cart while the other goes and squeezes through the crowd to grab the goods. After I left Walmart, I went to Target. Much less busy and crazy. Sure it wasn't right at the start of the madness. I was happier with my purchase there, which wasn't much. And I also hit Walgreen's for my favorite purchase, a dog bed for $4.99. Murph loves it and he also loves his new treats I got while I was there. I'm thankful I got to experience Black Friday, but it was definitely not for me!
I grabbed some breakfast for myself and Luke on my way home. I was surprised Luke was still asleep at 8:00. I was more surprised that Murphy was still asleep. Of course he would sleep in when I wasn't there. Seriously, Murph. I was finally awake at 8:00 and stayed up for a bit and had some breakfast with my man. I got ripped off on my one purchase I went out for and had to go get the right thing. Luke came with me this time. It was much less busy and crazy at 10:00 than 5:00 and they still had what I went for. Of course they did! I came home and slept for awhile after that. I was pooped.
I got up and cleaned my house and got ready to decorate the tree. We love our little tree and having it all lit up at night. It makes the house seem so cozy!
I grabbed some breakfast for myself and Luke on my way home. I was surprised Luke was still asleep at 8:00. I was more surprised that Murphy was still asleep. Of course he would sleep in when I wasn't there. Seriously, Murph. I was finally awake at 8:00 and stayed up for a bit and had some breakfast with my man. I got ripped off on my one purchase I went out for and had to go get the right thing. Luke came with me this time. It was much less busy and crazy at 10:00 than 5:00 and they still had what I went for. Of course they did! I came home and slept for awhile after that. I was pooped.
I got up and cleaned my house and got ready to decorate the tree. We love our little tree and having it all lit up at night. It makes the house seem so cozy!





1 comment:
Murphy's bed is so cute, and he looks adorable in it...lol And your tree is so pretty! I love the feel of the lights out and the tree on at night!! Who am I kidding I love the tree on all day long!!! HAHA!
Post a Comment