Time spent with my mom and sisters is my favorite! Mandy was in town for the weekend, so Ashley and I met at my moms for a girls day on Saturday. We had lunch at Jason's Deli, which was so delicious!

Mandy and my silly mom. She should know by now that I love to post lots of pics on my blog. I love how serious her face is while pretending to pick her nose.

Lunch time with the girls

After lunch one of my sisters had the brilliant idea of making it a craft day. I have seriously been in a funk, and don't know which sister it was. And also, I don't know why Mandy was in town. I've not been feeling 100% me. Things are changing though! I can feel it. I have been living day by day, just waiting for things to fall into place. I think that is finally happening! Anyways, back on track... we spent quite awhile at Robert's picking out the perfect craft. We all decided to make cute magnets. Enough of the free magnets off the new phonebooks. Seriously!


Mom and Mandy working hard!

Mandy and Ashley both decided to also make "Birthday Books". A cute book to keep track of family and friends birthdays.


Even though they aren't finished, they looked so cute!

Mandy also made a recipe box to organize and store her recipes.

So cute! Mandy has hidden her crafting talents all her life, until the past couple years. She came out of nowhere. I'm impressed sister.




Finished! Except gluing the magnets to the back of the fun sparkly flowers.
We laugh because we can tell just by looking at the magnets who made them.

Ashley's magnets

Mom's magnets. Her first ones were already on the fridge. She also made a picnic scene with bumble bees and ladybugs.

Mandy's magnets

Most of my favorite memories are the times spent with my sisters and mom! This is definitely another day to remember. It was so much fun!

I know I might be crazy for taking pictures of myself, but I love seeing pictures of my mom back in the day. One day my kids might appreciate this. haha
We are also going to start a tradition of getting together for craft days more often. Each of us will bring the supplies for a craft and we will have 4 crafts to do! We'll have all kinds of fun stuff! I already have in mind what I want to do!
3 comments:
i love craft day!!!
It was a great day! Aren't we the crafty ones? OK so you guys are crafty and I just follow along. But, hey, that counts! And by the way, you showed my ugliest magnets. Thanks alot. Just kidding. I know I made a few cute ones!? Love you! Way to go on working on your "list". Yahoo!!
Crafts are always fun. My craft is scrapbooking that i get together with ladies out here once a month for crops. wish my mom and sisters lived closer so we could have craft days.
Post a Comment