Tuesday, February 10, 2009

101 Things to do in 1001 Days

I got this brilliant idea from a friend's blog!

"It's time for me to set some goals about fun things I want to do in the near future, or else time will just go by me and I'll always be dreaming of things instead of doing them. In the past few weeks I've been working on the list of 101 things I'd like to do in the next 1001 days. As time goes by, I will post a story whenever I complete a goal, and link back to this list. In other words, if I completed a goal, you'll see a link on this page to the story.

Finally, I thought about categorizing the list, but decided its too much work, doesn't matter in the end and might just delay me starting to work on these goals, so here it comes. (Couldn't have said this better myself)!

Begin Date: February 13, 2008
End Date: November 12, 2011

1. Go back to Yellowstone (hopefully see a bear and/or moose)
2. Go to Canada to see the Shistowski's or have them come see us!
3. Meet Wil and Shelly for more than a split second
4. Have a baby
5. Buy a house (or at least be on our way to that point)
6. Make a donation to Diabetes!
7. Volunteer at a children's shelter/home
8. Go to Mexico with my Aunt Diane.
9. Go back to Sedona, AZ
10. Get family pictures with me, Luke, and Murphy.
11. Learn more about my grandparents and make a book for my kids!
12. See "The Nutcracker" Live
13. Go on a cruise
14. Get to my healthy, happy weight!
15. Watch the Sunrise
16. Watch the sun set over the ocean
17. Find a huge seashell!
18. Watch the sun rise over the ocean!
19. Ride the Heber Creeper
20. Go to a Murder Mystery Dinner
21. Camp out with Luke
22. Kanab/Southern Utah trip with Mandy for a week!
23. Send a friend flowers
24. Spend a day at the Spa!
25. Go to a PGA tournament with Luke
26. See a show at Sundance Film Festival
27. Organize MY recipes/Make a recipe book
28. See Oregon/Northwest!
29. Make a fire with flint. No matches/lighter. In case I'm ever in some sort of Survivor situation! haha
30. Spend a weekend with no internet or phone!
31. Get contacts.
32. Spend a weekend driving up or down the coast (East or West)
33. Fish in the ocean
34. Go Parasailing!
35. Go to a Jazz Game with Ashley and Kevin!
36. Take maternity pictures of myself (with every pregnancy)!
37. Print my blog YEARLY!
38. Become closer to God and share my experience!
39. Keep a maternity diary (with every pregnancy)
40. Plan girlfriends reunions (and keep them going, I love my friends I've met through different jobs and in school. I would love to keep in contact with them regularly)!
41. Make memory boxes for my kids when they are born.
42. Take a family trip with my mom's family.
43. Take a family trip with my dad's family.
44. Do something locally, I've never done before (and that can only be done here)

45. See a Broadway Show (whether it be here or in New York)
46. Finally finish the Twilight Series!
47. Go to the beach with Ashley!
48. Have a "Sister's only" weekend (with all 3 of us there)!
49. Host an outdoor party (with fun outdoor lights and BBQ)
50. Continue my Disney Movie Collection!
51. Visit a National Park I've never been to.
52. Make a painting/or some sort of artwork to display in my home.
53. Run a race/marathon... This freaks me out to think of. One of my biggest fears. I'm a slow poke, but I love hearing about others who do this. I have always been the slowest and the shortest jumper. Sad. If only, I had Luke's athletic talent.
54. Hike to Timpanogos Cave
55. Be in the Top 3 of ALL the Wii Fit Games on our system!
56. Go to another Hockey Game with Luke
57. Go to a MLB game with Luke (preferably to his favorite The Braves)!
58. Use a recipe using bok choy
59. Print and hang photo display in living room
60. Return to Las Vegas with Luke to reminisce our wedding. Oh, how sweet!
61. Have a shooting competition with Luke and his rifle.
62. See the Grand Canyon. How close am I, and I have never seen this in person?!?!
63. Go trolling with Luke. Catch a fish from a boat with Luke!
64. Meet Jessica from Cali again.
65. Meet Mushelle in person. Mushelle is a blogging world friend that is AWESOME!!!
66. Swim with dolphins
67. Get my cholesterol to a healthy level. I know in the past it has been high. YUCK!
68. Go to a Halloween Party
69. Save 10% every pay check for 6 months in row. No cheating!
70. Take pictures of Avrie (also my kids and Mandy's if they are born) on the beach!
71. Retake the CPR program before my kids are born
72. Visit a real castle or mansion!
73. Start a new tradition with our kids.
74. Return to Pickleville Playhouse with at least one of my sisters or mom
75. Get my mom back to Bear Lake
76. Take another ski lesson without breaking a bone (I didn't break a bone before, but I got twisted into a pretzel and thought for sure I was going to pop my shin out of the skin)!
77. Go on another boating extravaganza with Mr. Mann and family.
78. Go hiking in Moab with Ashley
79. Go to Lake Powell (I haven't been there since I was, maybe 5, and don't remember it)
80. Go to a costume/themed party.
81. Sleep out on a trampoline
82. Take a honeymoon/vacation with Luke!
83. Spend a whole weekend at Grandma Mary's
84. Spend a whole weekend at Grandma Chiyo's
85. Enjoy one of my Uncle Rick's homemade chocolate shakes
86. Go on a river raft with Janeen and her sister (my mom) haha
87. Go to/watch an overnight softball tournament with Ashley
88. Find an arrowhead!
89. Update family pictures (Mom's side)
90. Update family pictures (Dad's side)
91. Update family pictures (Luke's side)
92. Take Murphy to a dog park
93. Take Avrie to Disney on Ice
94. Go camping with my mom again. (Make this a tradition, at least yearly)!
95. Go camping at least once a year with my dad.
96. Give Kelli at least one "Girl Day" a year. She deserves it!
97. Love my job, don't dread going to work in the morning!
98. Become closer to my brother in law, Charlie. haha He'll probably laugh at this when he reads it, but really I'd like that.
99. Go to Pebble Beach with Luke!
100. Have a home theater
101. Win the lottery!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! This is your Aunt's sister. haha I'll be waiting for updates. It will be fun to see what you do!

Heather said...

btw i LOVE your background layout. sooo freaking cute i may just have to borrow it.

The georgia peach said...

I love this posting cant wait for the updates it is a really good idea i may have to steal it. good luck at fulfilling your goals. thanks for sharing with us all.

Sam and Mandy Noel said...

I love it! Let's get to work. You can come down anytime! I was just thinking I need to call you guys and tell you to set up a time to come back down and play. We could even make it a Sisters weekend and I could kick Sam out for the weekend. Then we could go to the Grand Canyon and another National Park you have never been to and Lake Powell. That's like 5 things taken care of right there. Let's do it, I'm in. I love this idea by the way. Love you.

Sam and Rachelle said...

Hey :) It's Rachelle. I hear ya about setting goals, it's always good to member where you want to go in life.

Michelle said...

let's throw a murder mystery dinner. i need an excuse to dress up and wear feathers in my hair.

Chris said...

I had to stop at #2.
We will make sure this happens. That gives us 2.74 years. I think we can do it. Besides i have always wanted to see where the Coyote and Road Runner hang out. Or is it mexico? i dont know.

M and N Tenny said...

You forgot to add "visit the beautiful state of Washington during 2009" on here! That can be #102