Sunday, February 8, 2009

Saturday night Trauma

Ok, so I can't believe I'm posting this, especially because last night it really wasn't even a little bit funny. Today it is somewhat funny, and I'm sure tomorrow, really funny. I also can't believe I'm posting these pictures of my messy room. The is a REENACTMENT of last night. (PS I won't be offended of any laughing or teasing in my comment box). So, if you look closely, I have a tiny little table on my side of the bed (the pink cups). Well, I had filled up a new cup of water for the night, and just grabbed the other 2 cups that were sitting on the table to put in the kitchen. I grabbed them and crawled over the bed... As I was crawling over I saw Murphy trying to sneak his bed out. He had remembered he has torn a small corner out of it and can get the stuffing out. So, I tried to hurry over the bed to get his bed from him. I ended up stepping into Luke's suitcase and tripping over the edge of it. I should probably mention it was 11:45 pm, and our bedroom wall is the only wall we share with our neighbor (We live in a duplex). Well as I tripped I screamed and the next thing was a LOUD THUD. I hit the flooor so hard (my knee, my thigh, and my b**b was smashed more than a mamogram)...

...I also got got the wind knocked out of me. This is pretty much what Luke saw when he came to my rescue. I did have two cups in my hand. Of course, one cup was full and the other half full. So, yes I was laying in two cups of water crying. The whole right side of my body was in pain. Today I have been so sore. My entire right side. I thought for sure it would be my knee, but for some reason it's my arm. I thought for sure the neighbor was going to call the cops. Luke thought he was gonna have to call an ambulance. Thank goodness I was ok.

This would be my fourth time falling this winter. I know I'm uncoordinated, but really to fall FOUR TIMES in 2 months. I swear I must have a tumor causing this. haha I hope not, but really, this is so not normal!

Now you can all laugh at my expense!

Here is Murphy looking at me like "Why are you taking pictures of me and trying to make me eat my bed? You must be sick". haha Maybe he's right. I hope not.

5 comments:

Sam and Mandy Noel said...

sad, sad, sad. I'm glad you are alive. I love Murphy's ferocious mane!

Unknown said...

Nicki! Your blogs are so cute! Even if it was deadly this time! ha Like Mandy, I am glad you are ok! Hope to see you again soon! Love ya!!! p.s(I agree that its our turn!...)

Crystal Hadlock said...

you poor thing!!!!

The georgia peach said...

You are great at telling these stories. Glad you are OK. hope the soreness goes away quickly. I usually fall from tripping over one of the dogs luckily so far i haven't had anything in my hands.

Anonymous said...

Nick....thanks for the never-ending entertainment! Another good one. Is it time to invest in a helmet? Be careful! Love you and I'm glad you're O.K..