Sunday, February 1, 2009

Johnny's Bowling Celebration

We always love bowling with Johnny. He is so funny. He is so serious about the game. This time he requested no kids, because he worries about them taking his turn. It definitely wasn't the same as it is with the kids. I especially love it when Avrie comes, but this one time we did a grown up bowling day.

Luke and I had been saving up a secret. We had so much fun on our last bowling day with Dad that Luke decided to get us bowling balls. So ever since then, we have been practicing to show them up when we saw them again. If you read my blog you know we have been since then, but we have been even more than my blog shows. We have gone as often as possible. My highest score since we got our balls is 159 and Luke's is 183. We have had a blast! Luke even got bowling shoes, and I plan on getting some. That will save us some money in shoe rentals.

THE SECRET REVEALED:
My dad and I had been texting to let each other know where we were. My dad got there first, so I told him that Luke didn't need shoes. When we got there we walked in and saw my dad and Johnny at the counter (their backs toward us). We had our bowling balls in hand. Johnny is always joking around, punching us, or scaring us. So, I thought I'd surprise him and bumped the back of his leg. BAD IDEA! He went down! He completely fell to the ground and was complaining that his ankle hurt so bad. I can't even tell you how bad I felt! It was awful. He laid on the ground for 5 minutes moaning. I was terrified! I was thinking "Great it's Johnny's birthday celebration and he isn't going to be able to bowl". When he got up he was fine. Unless one of us brought it up. Then he would start limping. I was so relieved. I still feel bad even thinking about this. And I can't believe I'm posting this. Needless to say our big secret wasn't so exciting after that ordeal. The first round I was in the lead until the very end and Anona beat me. I took second though. Luke had a problem with his thumb sticking in his ball, otherwise he would have actually had a chance. It was pretty funny to watch though.Happy Birthday Johnny

This was me getting after John for trying to mess up my game. He loves to yell something right as you swing the ball. It is pretty funny, especially to see his face after we screw up.

There are two videos at the bottom of this blog. One of Johnny scaring my dad, and one of my dad getting Johnny back. I love Johnny's face after he scares my dad. Also, we were laughing so hard at Johnny shaking his butt at the first of his video. (I couldn't figure out how to move the video to this part of the post. Help?)

My crazy dad! I love you, dude!

Dad, Tristi, and Anona

Dad trying to give Johnny a birthday kiss. John wasn't going for it. haha

Johnny, I hope you had a fun late birthday celebration, even though I made you "pass out". I hope you feel better. You are my favorite bowling buddy. Thanks for all your pointers. You have made showed me some great skills!


No comments: