Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Alpine Hike with Mom

Sunday afternoon I went to my moms to pack up some clothes for the week. I've been staying between her house and Luke's mom and dads house all summer. My mom asked me to go hiking with her. She's a whole new woman lately. First camping, to telling me she wants to possibly take my tent to Palisade and camp with her friend the weekend of my bridal shower in Ephraim, to hiking in Alpine. We had a blast hiking up a trail in Alpine. So, maybe we thought we couldn't go any farther after every turn. But we made it so much farther than we planned. We just kept on going. We made it to the top of this mountain. haha So maybe there was an even bigger mountain behind the one we climbed. We are calling it a mountain. We made it to the top. And it was awesome!
Probably about half way up.
Mom and Me

First signs of fall. Orange leaves and baby acorns.

Almost there!

It was beautiful. And the higher we got the better the view.


Mom told me to see what was around the corner. I hiked up around the bend. We thought we could hear some water, but it was too far away too actually see it.

We saw a deer on our way down. But of course, by the time I grabbed my camera, the deer was already in the trees.

Climbing back through the gate. We had so much fun hiking together. We always have fun together. On our hike we saw a deer, a couple tiny little lizards, a squirrel, a bunch of quail, and a trillion grasshoppers (Which I am totally afraid of, and screamed at every single one. My mom laughed every time, even though I could have cried). I still love you though. I'd laugh at you too. I just hate those stupid grasshoppers. They are loud and fast and you never know what way they will jump. I swear they ALWAYS jump towards me. How can you not scream?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My Dear Nicki,
That was a great hike! I can say that now because I can breath again and my heart rate is finally back to normal. Thanks for the motivation to keep going! I hate not being able to keep up with you. I just have to keep reminding myself (and you) that I am 20 years older than you. I still think I should be tougher! It sucks getting old! Thanks for your patience and understanding! You can laugh at me for being a wimp and I'll laugh at you for screaming at every grasshopper! I loved it and I wasn't even stiff and sore like I thought I would be. Yeah!!! Thanks for the fun. Love you lots, Mom