Ashley goes camping with Kevin's family every Labor Day weekend up Spring City Canyon. She invited us to come with this weekend. I was so surprised that my mom wanted to go camping! I remember her always saying things like "my style of camping includes a hotel room". I was shocked when she said she wanted me to come and bring my tent. I was supposed to house sit for Julie over night on Saturday, so we were going to head down on Sunday. Julie called Saturday morning and said her plans had changed. Since the weather was supposed to be worse on Sunday and Monday, we got ready and headed down around noon Saturday.
Warning: I truly took as many pictures as I had space for on my camera. So, be prepared for a long post. We had a blast!
We stopped at Cavalier Pizza in Mt. Pleasant to eat before going up the mountain. Delicious. And the new (at least to me) building was decorated so cute. I haven't eaten here since highschool probably.
Warning: I truly took as many pictures as I had space for on my camera. So, be prepared for a long post. We had a blast!
We stopped at Cavalier Pizza in Mt. Pleasant to eat before going up the mountain. Delicious. And the new (at least to me) building was decorated so cute. I haven't eaten here since highschool probably.
As girly girl as Avrie can be, she sure likes to get dirty. I had to take this picture before Ashley could clean her up (just so she could get dirty again).




Ashley had this bright idea "Hey Avrie, come here. Wanna ride down the mountain in this dump truck"? Followed by "Is that a good thing for a mom to suggest? Oh well, let's try it". It was a hit. The kids loved it and nobody got hurt. It was so funny watching the kids. They had competitions to see who could get the farthest down the hill.
Ashley an Kevin sitting around the campfire.We played a game called Psychiatrist that night. They were so excited that I had never played before. It was a fun game, but there has to be one person that has never played for the game to work. Apparently I was a great Psychiatrist. It took me forever to figure out what their problem was, but I finally got it. During the game I did find out that Craig was gay and Dave had a pirate suit. We teased them all weekend about that.
Playing Double Solitaire. Ashley and I taught them all how to play. We had so much fun. Kathy and I were the champs.
Me after I tripped over a tree trunk. Of course, this was right after I laughed at someone else tripping over the exact same tree. Karma!
That's pretty impressive. Her leg is so straight and perfect. These girls are future drill teamers like their cousin Shelby.










































2 comments:
Looks like you guys had fun. Love all the pics they are great.
I love the pictures!!! I love the ones of Kathy & Tamara in the dump truck those guys are crazy but at least they could fit in it. It would have been a pancake if I would have don't that. lol It looks like you had a great time!!! I got your invitation yesterday in the mail and I absolutely LOVE them, they are so dang cute!!!
Post a Comment