Sunday, September 14, 2008

Murphy's Trip to the Vet

Murphy had to go in for his annual checkup and vaccines. Usually when I take him in the car I put him in his kennel, so he doesn't try to climb all over me. Today, I just put him in the backseat. He was so cute. I rolled the window down and he stuck his little head out and loved every second of our ride.

The Vet said Murph is a good boy. Everything looked great. He had lost 1 1/2 lbs. Doctor B said he had lost his baby fat. I also learned he is 13 in people years. He'll be 2 in doggy years in November. He got a new toy for being a good boy for the doc.
Murphy has only tried jumping up on the furniture once when he was a puppy. I think I must have got after him and he's never tried again. Even when someone tries to get him to jump up on their lap, he can't/won't do it. So, on the way home from the vet Murphy jumped up into the back window. I was laughing so hard at him doing the "army crawl" across the back window. It was so funny. I realize the top picture is awful, but it sort of shows him scooting across it.
I love Murphy so much. He's so funny. And I love that he loves me no matter what. He's such a good boy. He has a few bad habits. But, Luke and I have decided to get him some formal training. He's going to be a brand new dog, here in a month or so. Well, he'll be the same dog with better habits and boosted confidence for himself. It will be great for all of us!

No comments: