Sunday, September 14, 2008

Utah State Fair

My step dad Joey has been truck pulling at the State Fair for years now. It's the Grand Finale of pulls. He does have another coming up, but nothing compares to the fun at the State Fair. His brothers family (Tim, Sherrie, and Rosie), Mandy and Sam, and Joey's kids and grandkids came to show some support. It was a lot of fun.

Rosie and I walked around the booths before going in to the Truck Pull. It was fun. We seemed to like to look at the same things. And the fair is always the best place for people watching.Me with "Big Red". This cow was gigantic. Of course, he had to blink right when we took the picture. Not very photogenic, Big Red.

We watched the reptile show. This is a huge snapping turtle. I LOOOVE turtles, but I'll pass on having this one as a pet.

Truck Pull Time!
Mandy and Sambo. Mandy is about to get a corn dog in the ear.

Sherrie and Mom

Don't know why I always have to take a foot picture. This one is so girly though, with bows on my toes.

Mandy and Me (These are some loud trucks. I think the ear plugs make Mandy extra babalicious)

Joey pulled so fast and far that he turned into a complete blur! haha So, my camera just takes awful night shots. Unless everything is completely still. I like the story of him going so fast he turned into a blur better though.

He really did have the best pull of the night. Everyone was yelling "Go, go, go... slow down... STOP!!!" You can see in this picture that he went out of the arena and almost through the barn!

Cheering section. Mom is so proud. Mandy catching it on camera. And Sam thinking Joey is the man. haha

Grandma Faye, Tim, and Kyle

Rosie and Sherrie

Mom and Mandy enjoying some kettle corn. That stuff was extra delicious!

Me and beautiful Rosie. I LOVE her hair.

Grandma Faye, Tim, and Joey after the awesome pull. He looks like a little kid on Christmas morning.

I don't know what's funnier in this picture... My laughing too hard face or the pose of this chicken.

You can't go to the State Fair without going on the Big Yellow Slide. It's our family tradition. We all race and laugh our heads off. It's so much fun.

Mandy and Sam climbing to the top of the slide.

On your mark, get set, sliiiiiiiiide!

Rosie and Sherrie had never done this before. They obviously loved it.

Baaaaaaaaaa.... That's the funniest looking pig I have ever seen!

hahhahahha I'm still trying to figure out how Mandy pulled that face. And I love the girl behind us digging at her teeth.

Walking back to the car. Mandy is practicing to be on America's Next Top Model.

1 comment:

Sam and Mandy Noel said...

I love these pictures. I feel like I was having an especially photogenic night. NOT!! That was fun. I love you.