I got a call reminding me that I had pre-registered for the Bridal Extravaganza at The Grand America and that there would be a drawing for $5000 for furniture. Couldn't pass that up. Somehow, I thought it was on Sept. 6th. Fortunately, I changed my Saturday matinee plans with Nicole to Friday night, and me and my mom got to go have a great day downtown Salt Lake.
I had never been to The Grand America before. It was beautiful. Mandy and Sam stay there often and love the brunch. I'm gonna have to try it sometime.
I had never been to The Grand America before. It was beautiful. Mandy and Sam stay there often and love the brunch. I'm gonna have to try it sometime. 
My mom is so funny. She grabbed a martini glass from the bar and played drunk. Way to be a good sport. Actually, you totally did this on your own, so no complaining that I posted these awesome pictures! My mom is funner than your mom!


After we walked through all the vendor booths at the Bridal Show, we went to The Gateway for lunch at Rumbi and saw Mama Mia. Then we headed back for the Grand Prize Giveaway. They gave a few prizes away before the Grand Prize. I won a prize from one of my favorite vendors I saw. I won because "my fiance was the farthest away". Luke's trip paid off. He's in Toronto, Canada. My prize was $150 towards any package at Smile Now Photobooths. They bring a photobooth like the ones you see at amusement parks or Kmart, and they also offer candy buffets. It was so cute. The problem is, I think my prize is only towards a package and they start at $900. Hopefully, I'll still get something out of it. It's so cute. If not and you are a bride, I'll sell it to you;) haha I'm really glad I didn't win the furniture prize. We were completely disappointed when they announced that you had to buy a house from Holmes Homes to win the furniture. Poor girl that won, hope you were planning on buying a house. And that you had one of their specific homes in mind. Stupid!More progress...
-After 5 stores we found the perfect shoes. I chose red! Bright, shiny, Vegas RED!
-I got my awesome invitations, which will be in the mail by the end of this week.
-I ordered a customized guest book from Heritage Makers (along with some other photobooks that I can personalize with all my wedding pictures).




3 comments:
What a cute blogger you are!!! I'm so happy for you! I had to laugh out loud (& I'm home alone!)at the pictures of your Mom! She is such a fun, loving, wonderful person!!! You really are lucky :)
Good luck on the wedding plans, I hope it all goes well!
Hey girl. I really wish I still worked with you so I could hear the day to day wedding plans. You are so lucky always winning things. I can't wait to see your invitations. Cute pics. Love ya!
Looks like you had such a great time. You and your mom are so cute!
Post a Comment