I have gotten a couple more things done. First of all I must say that deciding on a Vegas wedding might be the best decision I've ever made! I am so glad that I have so little planning to do, which is still a lot. None of my wedding planning so far has been anything I ever thought I would do for my wedding. But, I can honestly say I'm having so much more fun!
Here's my progress...
-I BOUGHT a dress. Yes I know I said I was going to have my friend make it, but I went with my mom to try on different styles to make sure I wanted what I thought. So, we went to David's Bridal and as soon as I walked in I was so overwhelmed. Where do you even start? I immediately grabbed a girl and said "Help". Yes, she laughed. It was almost a panic attack, I was so overwhelmed. I told her the style I wanted which was short and poofy at the bottom. Not a tube top, preferably a halter style. In the mean time my mom was grabbing all sorts of prom dresses. The girl grabbed a few gowns and got me a room started. I went in the room and started putting on the bra sucker in thinger. That wasn't going to happen without help. So, I called my mom, who was still grabbing dresses that were not wedding dresses. She came in and piled them up. So I tried on the wedding gowns the girl got me. They were ok. I'm so short that even the short ones were too long. So, my mom says "humor me" (which you can't say no to), and has me try these prom dresses on "just to see the styles". So I "humor" her. And fall in love with the last dress I tried. It is not a wedding gown, but it fit so well and was so flattering. I just said "This is it, let's buy it". And we did. haha It is a tube top. So I am going to have Marci add a halter style top. If you want to see the dress click HERE, (You have to click on the black for the correct view) and for the style of top I want to add click HERE. The top will be sheer white, so you can still see the pattern through it. (Of course, unless I decide on something completely different again).
-We also bought envelopes for the invitations.
-And last night I got to see a printed proof of my invitations. I LOVE them! Thank you so much Janna!
-I am working on my last few addresses, so please if I don't have yours, send it to me!
I laugh every time I think about getting married in Vegas, and the dress I chose. It's totally not what I had ever imagined. But I am truly loving every second so far. I have had my overwhelming moments; like walking into the bridal store, or my photographer asking me what I had in mind, or what kind of invitations I want. I just get this dumb look like "I don't know, you just pick for me. Thanks." I seriously almost panic and I am thankful for Janna and my mom for helping me out and "doing things for me". Don't worry if I didn't like it, I would say no. I am so happy with my decisions so far.
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Your dress is so Vegas Sexy Shiek! Good choice. Besides, it's your day, do what ever in the crap you want!
P.S. I love all your decisions so far too! ;)
Post a Comment