A friend of mine asked how Luke and I met. So here's our story...
I was a nanny for Luke's aunt, Julie, in Draper. After about 6 months of working for her, she decided I needed to go on a date. I didn't know anyone up here, so when she told me she was going to set me up with her nephew, I thought why not. Lexie, who was 6 at the time, showed me a picture of Luke. Not just any picture, but a picture of Luke when he was at that awkward age we all go through. All I knew before Luke picked me up was that he was, as far as I knew a 13 year old, red headed, freckled boy. Luke picked me up from my moms in Lehi, where I was living for awhile. When I opened the door, I was very relieved to see that he wasn't 13 and in fact he was much better looking now than in that picture Lexie showed me. Ahhhh relief. We went to a dinner at Chili's and a movie, "The Time Machine". I thought it was funny that we ordered the exact same thing for dinner, Cajun Chicken Pasta no tomatoes. We had a great night and really hit it off. I knew from day 1 that Luke was different than any guy I had ever dated. Cheesy as it may be, I knew he was the one. It took 5 dates before he even held my hand. But after that things got serious really fast. We were in love...
Things that have happened since we met...
-When we met Luke was going to the University of Utah, playing on the golf team. He became the team captain, and has since turned pro. He has played the Canadian Tour for the past 2 years.
-I was his cousins nanny for 3 years. They are the greatest kids! I am excited to be their cousin soon! I worked for Steinmart and met my best friend Jessica. Then worked for Fotogenix and met more great friends. Now I work for RE/MAX Results and have even more friends. haha
-I moved into an apartment with some other girls for a few months, then into a little tiny "dollhouse" I called it. Then got my own apartment. I ended up moving in with Luke's family, since I was always there when Luke was home anyways. Since then, we rented Julie's house that was for sale. We had our own mansion. haha We loved it. We are at his parents house again until the wedding and will find a place of our own.
-Together we have been to Moab (our first trip as a couple), Denver twice, Chicago (to a concert I won on the radio), Wendover for my 21st birthday where I doubled my money, Edmonton and Winnipeg, Canada, North Dakota, South Dakota (Mt. Rushmore), Wyoming to visit my Dad, and lots of different places in Utah.
Our story is a blind date that turned into happily ever after. Of course we've "had our moments". But I am happier than I have ever been and I can't wait to finish "our story" together.
Sunday, August 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Aahhhh....how cute!!!
What a super cute post! Love that you got "Vegas Red" shoes! SO HIP :)
Post a Comment