Monday, August 4, 2008

#5's a Charm?

Here's a frustratingly, funny story. Only funny now, cause it sure wasn't funny at the moment. So Friday, I left work early because I was sick. That's the start to the bad day. When you're sick, nothing is very funny. Well I needed gas. So, off to the gas station...

Gas Station #1 - I pull in and they are painting speed bumps, which go across every single way in and out of the pumps. So, I pull in to a middle spot out of 3. Of course a stupid truck is trying to drive over the freshly painted speed bump. Here comes the painter and makes him REVERSE, which means I had to reverse out of my spot. GAY! I got mad and left.

Gas Station #2 - I pull in and realize gas in like 12 cents more than all the other places I've seen. Gas is expensive enough. I am not supporting the retards trying to rip me off even more.

Gas Station #3 - I pull in, everything is going well. Put in my card, approved, start pumping....no gas! How does a gas station run out of gas??? Anger has built up. I go home and sleep. I truly slept from 11 if not a little earlier, until 4!!! Never done that before. I felt like crap.

Gas Station #4 - I wake up and later decide to try again. I needed to get out of the house for a second. I get to the gas station, put my card in the reader... declined! Whatever! So mad. I took my card inside, and it was still declined. Not funny. I knew I had money in my account. I had just checked it. I had no cash and had no choice, but to try yet again ANOTHER gas station! Oh, and to add to this story... As I was at the light to turn to the gas station, waiting at the left turn light, the light seriously skipped me 3 times! I had to wait for 4 LIGHTS! Are you kidding me?

Gas Station #5 - SUCCESS! Finally! Card ran fine, got my gas and I'm out of there.

What a nightmare. Now my car has gas, and I feel better. All is well. Now I can laugh about the situation, but really a gas station running out of gas? RIDICULOUS!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK...all I have to say is...HILARIOUS!!!

Anonymous said...

Nicki,

That was so funny. It is refreshing to know that everyone has interesting days like that full of crazy, frustrating, time consuming, unbelievable moments!

D.♥ said...

I can't stop laughing. I can only IMAGINE your frustration! Literally though, I'm still laughing not because you had a poopy day but because I can just see you pissed off driving your car, leaning your elbow on your door with your hand on your head and a pissed off look. You're so cute!!

Heather said...

Well if a gas station is outta gas, then I will take that as the first sign that the world is coming to an end. OH CRAP!