Sunday, August 3, 2008

Picnics and Airplanes

I had lunch with my mom and Avrie at the park, then we picked Ashley and Kevin up from the airport. They spent the weekend in Atlanta to go to some Atlanta Braves games.

We picked up "Old McDonalds" (that's what Avrie calls McDonalds) and we took it to the park for a picnic.

Another favorite! Avrie and Grandma are best friends.

Swingin'



Slidin'

Mom and me are best friends too. Nice hair huh? Me and Avrie had just run through the sprinklers.

This cute puppy chased us through the sprinklers and then found Avrie again on the bridge.


"I win"! Avrie spotted the temple up on the hill. It's a little game she plays. Who can find the temple first? She spotted it out of the blue. Good eye!

Avrie chasin' Grandma to the car.

Time to go to the airport. Avrie had never been to the airport before. She loved it. Another game she plays is spotting airplanes. All the way to the airport she was saying "I'm the winner". And as we got closer she was noticing that the planes were getting bigger and bigger. She was so excited to see the "R"planes so close up.

She loved walking on this, but the elevator made her really nervous. She wouldn't even push the buttons! And when she stepped on the escalator, she stepped in between steps and got a little spooked.

She couldn't wait to see her mom and dad. She was so excited and silly waiting for them.

Finally! They made it. These pictures show how excited they all were to see each other. I love it!

Mom and Dad brought her back a toy plane. Which some little kid tried to steal at Sizzler. His parents were even telling him that he didn't have to give it back. Luckily, the boys Grandpa is a good person and got it back for Av. Some people are jerks.

Watchin' the planes take off and land.

Together at last. We're glad you guys had a fun getaway. And we're glad you made it back to tell us your stories. Love you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nicki, I love this blog! You always get just the right pictures at the right time. Way to capture the moment. It was a great weekend! Avrie was such a good girl, and so brave. She didn't even get worried at bedtime! But she did miss her Mom and Dad just a little bit. I'm glad they had fun and I'm glad I got to play with Avrie! Thanks for coming down to Lehi and taking Avrie swimming. She always has so much fun with you...and I got the lawn mowed!! A win, win situation! Again, love the blog! Love you!

Sam and Mandy Noel said...

I love this blog too! These are great pictures.

Sam and Mandy Noel said...

hey by the way, where did you get your blog layout? I love it.

Heather said...

Sounds like a fun weeked! P.S. I am in love with your new blogger layout!