Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Eve

This Christmas Eve we went to Luke's Grandma Christensen's. (Yeah, Luke's mom's maiden name is Christensen too. Funny thing is that they lived in Ephraim. No relation though. Thank goodness. We don't want cross eyed babies.) We had dinner and opened presents. It's always fun to see the little kid's excitement opening their gifts, no matter what it is. I can't wait til it's my own! (No that's not an announcement.)

Next stop was at Luke's Grandpa Swilor's. I've never had better clam chowder or grilled salmon. Mmmmm! Again, the kids were the entertainment. As soon as we walked in the door, Max told us he had found his present under the tree. He was so funny. He was disappointed that the big box of his was too light. But, when he opened it and saw the Wii games inside the giant box, he was so excited.

After the stops at the grandparents, we went to Luke's mom and dads house to exchange gifts. Luke's family opens all their gifts (except the Santa gifts, which are the stockings now) on Christmas Eve. My family tradition was to open one gift on Christmas Eve, which was always pajama's. Then we woke up Christmas morning to ALL our presents. It was so exciting to see all the presents wrapped as well as our stockings and our section on the couch of gifts from Santa. It will be interesting to see what traditions we will carry on with our kids. (Ok, can you tell I'm baby hungry. I've been baby hungry for years, but it's worse now than ever. haha Yes, Luke knows and we're working on it. Sucks to get laid off and be without insurance when you have babies on the mind.)

I forgot my camera all night. But when I got home I took a few to remember our first Christmas Eve as a married couple.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

i like that last picture of you guys! super cute!!

Anonymous said...

Cute pics! I'm trying to figure out where Murph's head is poking out of?! Anyway, he is very cute too!