Saturday, December 13, 2008

Have a nice trip...

Ok, so I'm not gonna lie that I totally crack up when I see someone trip. (After I know they are ok of course). I'm not usually the "tripper", until the past couple days...

I guess first I should tell you all that I got that "possibly great" job. It was a nanny job. Problem is it was not the best thing that's ever happened to me. Yesterday was my last day. No more leaving work wanting to cry because I felt defeated by a 4 year old, and 6 and 9. I swear these kids enjoyed making me feel like a total loser. And I was only trying to make friends with them and do fun things. Heaven forbid I ask them to wear a coat in the freaking winter... Long story short, I'm sooooo glad it's over. Problem is, I don't have a job now. So, any help or suggestions would be great!

Story number 1...

I was out buying my last Christmas gift. I had the 4 year old girl with me. And we were "racing" up these ramps along the store fronts. We all know that the whole world is out shopping right now. Well we were going up the ramp and apparently I wasn't paying attention to the handicap dip and totally fell flat to the ground. No stumbling and trying to catch myself. My shopping bag flew over my head and along with my knee and elbow smacked the ground! I got up so fast, just to see the little girl just staring at me. I hurried to my car and had to call someone and tell them how humiliated I was! I know that plenty of people saw my little accident. I woke up today with a bruised elbow and skinned up knee. Nice.

Story number 2...

Today was the little girls dance recital. My mom and I went to it, before doing my moms Christmas shopping. We watched her first dance and I went to tell them goodbye. And as I turned to walk away, I totally fell to the ground again. I tripped over a chair and skinned my other knee even worse. The worst part was as I turned my head and tried to get up, I realized I had fallen into some ladies lap! She asked if I was ok and I quickly said "yes" and walked out as fast as possible. Not to mention that they were sitting in the FRONT row. And I just happened to fall just before the next dance was starting. Guaranteed the entire crowd saw me (except my mom somehow happened to miss the whole event). I couldn't even look at anyone. All I could do was walk as fast as I could out of there, while trying to ignore the pain I could feel in my knee. It immediately turned black and blue. I could not believe I fell TWICE in two days. How does that happen?

I had a lot of fun shopping with my mom. But my knee hurt so bad, not to mention that my right arm is sore from playing our new early Christmas present, a Wii. We love the thing, but my body is currently sore from playing and tripping TWICE!

4 comments:

The georgia peach said...

Sorry to hear about your recent bout of falling. And isn't it amazing that such little kids can cause you to feel so defeated by the end of the day? I think i was sore the first 2 weeks we had our Wii we got ours as a early Christmas present too. well hope you find a job soon and enjoy your Wii.

Crystal Hadlock said...

haha that is pretty funny but sad too. I once tripped over a tripod in front of a family of like 80! and I was pregnant so everyone was like "GASP!"

Anonymous said...

I still can't believe I missed the fall! Look at it this way, if Im missed it, other people probaby did too! However, you were front and center! Ha ha

Kristen Victoria said...

LOL you really did have a trippy day! I'm such a klutz, I do that all the time! Especially when trying to run really fast, I'll just fall flat on my face. You are not alone!