Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Christmas Countdown Craft

I saw this idea years ago of a Christmas Countdown. One of those things I've seen and thought to myself, "I could totally make one of those". I was thinking how fun it would be to make this countdown for my niece. She gets to open one little present everyday until Christmas. I had started saving up my Lia Sophia jewelry boxes, because I knew they would be the perfect little drawers. Here's the process to my countdown project.Years of collecting boxes. I plan on making another for myself. I didn't realize I had so many boxes saved up. haha I love that jewelry!
Practicing my design. Luke and my sister Mandy helped me make the perfect tree design. Yeah, that's Luke in the background sticking his tongue out at me.
I wrapped each box with different Christmas paper and glued all of the boxes together. Ta Da! It's coming together.
I found the cutest number stamps and stamped each box with it's number.
Finally, I finished it off with some sparkly fun Christmas stickers. I love the way it turned out! I filled each box with little girly things... lip gloss, nail polish, stickers, socks, candy, stamps, etc.

I had my mom give it to Avrie on Thanksgiving, so she'd have it by December 1st to start counting down. She asked Ashley every day if it was December 1st. She was so excited. On the second day, she was sick. Ashley came home and Avrie told her "The only thing that got me through the day was opening my number 2". I love her so much. She couldn't be happier opening a present every day. She loves it!

8 comments:

Jessica said...

I LOVE IT! What a great idea, I think that you may be addicted to lia sophia ;)Thats ok though it is an amazing line! I may just have to copy this as well. What talent and imagination.

Kristen Victoria said...

WOW! I love this idea- you did a great job. I love all the different wrapping paper and stickers. You are too cute!

M and N Tenny said...

You are so creative! I LOVE this idea! I'm sure Avrie was thrilled!!!! What a great aunt she has.

The Wright's said...

That is such a cute idea!!! I looks GREAT!!!

Michelle said...

nicki that is such a spectacular idea!!! i think i might just do something similar next year!! :)

p.s.: it's super duper {yes, i just said that} cute.

Brothersen's said...

You are so creative! This is Mindy (Reese) Brothersen. I stumbled upon your blog some how. It's so good to see pics of you and your family. Keep in touch:)

Jamie said...

That is so cute. What a good idea!

Heather said...

WAY WAY WAY CUTE!! I am totally stealing this idea for next year....
*applaudes*