Sunday, July 12, 2009

Batty Fireworks

I came home to watch the fireworks with Luke. He had to work early, so we decided to watch them from our porch thinking that we were close enough to see them. While we were out on the porch waiting for them to start, bats started flying right over our heads. We've never seen them around the house before. It was pretty funny. The funniest part was when Luke came from the back of the house with a shovel to hit them with. He never did, but it made me laugh pretty hard. Here's a video.




When the fireworks started, we had to walk to the corner and could only see them through the trees. The neighbors fireworks were better from where we were. I was bummed and was a total brat, because I couldn't see them. I'm sorry I acted like a baby, Luke. I felt even worse when I found out the fireworks in Moroni were completely canceled due to the whether. If I hadn't come home I wouldn't have seen any fireworks at all.

Note to self: Be thankful for every moment even if it's not what you expected.

No comments: