Mandy came up for a few days this week. She came and had lunch with me and the girls from work on The Plaza on Friday. Saturday we decided to call the cousins and planned a short notice cousins day at Palisade. It's a yearly thing we all love to do together. We usually grab Subway on the way and have a picnic at the lake.

The lavender fields in Mona on the way down.

Avrie was in the water immediately. She was a mermaid the whole day. She was in the water more than anyone else and was very brave, sometimes too brave.



Blowing up the floaties.
Erika, Mom, Mandy, Cami, and Adelyn

Daniel splashing Avrie as he ran into the water.

Avrie and Katy




Brogan and Mandy

Come on little brother. Let's go build a sand castle.
Brogan and Carter



Mandy was the boys best buddy. They even went for a walk and found some grasshoppers and minnows by the dock. They loved her. She was getting some good practice watching the kids. She announced that she is gonna be a mommy! I'm so excited for her. Finally, Avrie gets a cousin! Sam has been calling the baby "Tony". I love it. I think they should keep the name. Hey, it works for a boy or a girl! Congrats guys! I can't wait!




Mom and Cami

Adelyn and Ashley

Katy and Cami

Me and Avrie

Katy soakin' in the sun.

Erika and Adelyn coming in out of the water. A lightening storm passed by so we all got out for a little bit. The wind got crazy for a minute and it sprinkled just a little. Lucky for us it scared a lot of people away. We waited it out and the sun came out soon after and we had the lake pretty much to ourselves.

Erika, Katy, Cami, and Janeen
It was just a little breezy.

Mom and Ashley protecting the floaties from blowing away.

Ashley, Avrie, Mandy, Grandma Chiyo, Brogan, and Carter playing in the sand until the storm blows over.

Tanner and Adelyn

Tanner just could not stay out of the water.

Brogan and Carter are such good boys. They love Grandma Chiyo and stayed close to her or Mandy at all times. They are so cute!


They finally got the go ahead to get back in the water.

Avrie, Erika, Daniel, Tanner, and Adelyn catching minnows.

Daniel, Avrie, Tanner... Erika, Me, and Adelyn swimming to the dock.

Avrie loved being spun in the big tube.

Avrie wanted to go to the dock so bad. I'm tellin' ya she loves the water!
Me and Avrie on the dock...Erika, Cami and Katy swimming out.

Daniel pushing Avrie around while she soaked in some rays.

Me pushing Adelyn, Daniel pushing Avrie playing bumper boats and Cami looks beached.

Tanner caught a minnow and the boys loved it. They fed it a cracker, lots of sand, and some wood.




Cami showing Katie and Avrie some minnows.

Brogan, Avrie, and Katy blowing bubbles in the lake.

Grandma Mary and Grandpa Newell

Grandma Chiyo

My blue eyed sisters Mandy and Ashley

The crew.
Janeen, Grandma Chiyo, Ashley, Mom, Grandma Mary, Grandpa Newell, Adelyn, Mandy, and Carter

Brogan got brave and dunked his hair in the water.


WARNING: The next 3 pictures might scare you have to death. It really takes skill to look this good.




Carter was exhausted. He fell asleep as soon as I told him to lay on my shoulder. He is so cuddly and sweet!

Check out his LONG eyelashes!
I'm so glad we got to go play at Palisade and that so many of us showed up to play in the sun. It was a blast. It's always fun to get together with our cousins.
2 comments:
Where is Palisade? I have never heard of it??? But it looks like a lot of fun. I love those lavendar fields! I had never seen them, but this last week when driving to St. George I saw them for the first time! Awesome!
I look like a freak in the pics!
Post a Comment