Monday, July 13, 2009

One of the coolest things I've ever been to!

My brother Colton is racing a car on a dirt track. The race track is between Ephraim and Mt. Pleasant. He had a race the night we went to Palisade, so we had to check it out. This was truly the most fun I've had in a long time. We laughed so hard! It was the most white trash event ever. Talk about some awesome fans. Awesome to watch if ya know what I mean. Most of them were missing at least one tooth; had body parts showing nobody wants to see; one lady called her son "Porkchop"; I saw so many people "sneaking" in beer (in Gatorade bottles - I have never seen beer colored Gatorade until that day); kids were even just as bad as the parents if that's possible. I'M TELLING YOU IT WAS HILARIOUS!
Avrie hates loud noises. Grandma is protecting her ears. Come to find out Avrie LOVED this. The sound did not bother her at all! She was so into the races! We were shocked!
The trucks were fun to watch going off the jumps. Avrie immediately spotted her favorite truck. It was purple with a smiley face spray painted on the back. She had her eye on this truck whether it was on the track or not. She could spot it clear out in the pits. In one race it broke down and she was devastated. We were laughing at how into it she got. She was asking questions about everything. It was so funny.
Right after the first truck race, there was a major wind storm. Even though we had sand in our eyes and couldn't see anything, it was still so much fun. We laughed the whole night.

Me and Av

I usually crop my pictures before I post them, but there is just so much awesomeness in the background I just couldn't cut anything out.
Colton - The Racer Himself

For your own entertainment, you may want to click to enlarge this upper photo. The lady in the black tank top on the back row was the one calling her son "Porkchop". I think she was missing most, if not all of her teeth. I really wish I knew the story behind the name. Half the time you could see the buttcrack of the dude below her. Sorry I didn't get a better picture for you. I know you would have enjoyed it.

Mandy + Colton = Best Friends!

Avrie and Grandma focusing on the races.

Mandy and Avrie

Beautiful Rainbow and Beautiful People

Colton's Car!!!
Mandy made it for Colton's first race. He was in 2nd place and got a flat tire. Bummer! In between races, Colton came and hung out with us for a bit. Then he was up. Mandy is such a worrier. She was freaking out the whole time! Colton was an absolute entertainer! In his 2nd race he was in 3rd place and his car started on fire during a caution. We were all screaming FIRE FIRE FIRE!!! It was pretty intense. They put it out and he was out of that race.

Best audience I've ever seen!



Putting out the fire!

Beautiful sunset!

Round 3. Colton was doing great once again AND started on fire once again! And once again we were yelling FIRE FIRE FIRE!!! He got out and I swear the fire department weren't all there if ya know what I mean. Colton grabbed someone's fire extinguisher and put his fire out himself! Way to go bud!

Unfortunately, he was out of the race. He was absolutely the best entertainer of the evening. I still can't get over how much fun that night was! After the race he came and said goodbye. Avrie was so sweet and told him "I love you more that the purple smiley face truck because I love the driver more". We love her so much! She is the sweetest girl and has the biggest heart. Who would have thought she would love car races?

2 comments:

The georgia peach said...

wow the gathering place of sanpete rednecks. i think i recognized some of the people. glad you all had fun.

shelley said...

I will second your opinion...this was awesome! For sooo many reasons!