Day 9
The tournament in Winnipeg started today for Luke. He played in the afternoon, so I took my time and hung out at the hotel and got ready. I watched his round and he played good. He shot 1 under. I really enjoy going out and watching, but sometimes Luke gets frustrated that I don't really know what is going on. I just like being outdoors and enjoying the sun, while spending time with him. I really do try to follow and keep score, but quite honestly I suck. I really do have fun though. That night we came back to the hotel and made frozen pizza's we bought. Mine was so good. Spinach, thin crust pizza. My favorite. I absolutely love California Pizza Kitchen's "White Pizza", but they didn't have that here. I got the closest thing to it. We took it easy, since Luke had to play early the next morning.
Day 10
This morning was so frustrating. There is a free shuttle from the hotel to the course. And since Luke played at 7:30, and left here at 5:30 am, he told me I could just meet him half way through and take the shuttle. So, I get up and call down to the lobby telling them I need a shuttle. They say sure, just come to the lobby. So, I get ready and go down to catch my shuttle. There were 4 drivers sitting in the lobby waiting to take players to the course. I tell them I called down and am ready to go. They idiots looked at me like I was retarded. They told me they couldn't just take me without a player. They all laughed, so I asked if this was a joke, if they were kidding me. Nope, they were serious. I was so pissed off. They told me they could take me at 10:30 which was over an hour later and Luke would have been close to being done. I couldn't believe 4 drivers were sitting there doing nothing and they all just laughed at me like I was stupid. I got in the elevator and cried, like a little sissy girl. haha So, I grabbed my book and walked back down to The Forks and read by the water and got some lunch. Which ended up being nice. And I am so thankful that Luke played good again (2 under), so that I could watch him again this weekend. I promised pictures of The Forks. Here they are...
Ok, this is actually on the way there. I just think it's a cool building. I think it's another hotel, but fancy. And the building behind it is cool too. You can only see the top circular part, where you can look out over the city.
The tournament in Winnipeg started today for Luke. He played in the afternoon, so I took my time and hung out at the hotel and got ready. I watched his round and he played good. He shot 1 under. I really enjoy going out and watching, but sometimes Luke gets frustrated that I don't really know what is going on. I just like being outdoors and enjoying the sun, while spending time with him. I really do try to follow and keep score, but quite honestly I suck. I really do have fun though. That night we came back to the hotel and made frozen pizza's we bought. Mine was so good. Spinach, thin crust pizza. My favorite. I absolutely love California Pizza Kitchen's "White Pizza", but they didn't have that here. I got the closest thing to it. We took it easy, since Luke had to play early the next morning.
Day 10
This morning was so frustrating. There is a free shuttle from the hotel to the course. And since Luke played at 7:30, and left here at 5:30 am, he told me I could just meet him half way through and take the shuttle. So, I get up and call down to the lobby telling them I need a shuttle. They say sure, just come to the lobby. So, I get ready and go down to catch my shuttle. There were 4 drivers sitting in the lobby waiting to take players to the course. I tell them I called down and am ready to go. They idiots looked at me like I was retarded. They told me they couldn't just take me without a player. They all laughed, so I asked if this was a joke, if they were kidding me. Nope, they were serious. I was so pissed off. They told me they could take me at 10:30 which was over an hour later and Luke would have been close to being done. I couldn't believe 4 drivers were sitting there doing nothing and they all just laughed at me like I was stupid. I got in the elevator and cried, like a little sissy girl. haha So, I grabbed my book and walked back down to The Forks and read by the water and got some lunch. Which ended up being nice. And I am so thankful that Luke played good again (2 under), so that I could watch him again this weekend. I promised pictures of The Forks. Here they are...
Ok, this is actually on the way there. I just think it's a cool building. I think it's another hotel, but fancy. And the building behind it is cool too. You can only see the top circular part, where you can look out over the city.
This is The Forks. This is where I was sitting and reading, watching little kids feed ducks, and you can see some of the boats that they do guided tours. It's a nice little peaceful place.
And even closer...This guy cracked me up. He was just out getting his tan on. He was seriously all oiled up. You can see the shine coming off his arm. Rode his bike in, and plopped down with a book. My favorite was when he got up and strutted his stuff to the garbage can.
I really hate when people walk in front of your perfect picture of the sweet band "Eggs Band Barbados". However, this one was very beneficial to us all. Check this out...
A picture of the city from The Forks. There is a cool skate park at the edge of the grass, but you can't see it very well in this picture.
These 2 are views from our room on the 22nd floor. I think the person who invented the game "Frogger" was on the top floor of a tall building watching cars pass by. And people crossing the street. As the traffic got worse, the game got harder. That's my conclusion.








1 comment:
Hi! Winnipeg is different than I pictured but I like it. The Forks looks pretty sweet. Perfect for relaxing with a good book! And people watching because there are some strange ones there! See you soon! It's almost your Birthday!!! Love you!
Post a Comment