I made it to Canada! This morning started way to early. My flight left at 5:50 am, so I set was up at 3. Not funny. Thank you, mom, for waking up with me this morning and taking me to the airport. My flight must have been one of the very first ones out. When I got in line, I realized nobody was even at the counter yet. That would have been nice to know, so I could have slept an extra 20 minutes. Oh well. My plane was so small compared to what I flown on before. Quite cramped, and my seat on the flight to San Francisco was retarded. It leaned forward not back. Not so comfy. Hard to sleep. Flying into San Fran was cool, you fly right over water and onto the runway. When we landed and were just waiting to get off, the dude in front of me ripped a fart. Silent, but violent. NASTY! I had an hour and a half to wait to leave again to Edmonton, so I got some breakfast and a coffee and read for a minute, while people watching. There was an old guy there waiting with no shoes, and his feet were all callused like he never wears them ever. That was strange. The next flight was more comfortable, except that the old, round lady next to me took up the entire armrest between us and then some. I was practically smashed into the window, so I wasn't touching her. I fell asleep and woke up to her crunching on an apple and being sprayed with her apple juice. That was nice. The view flying into Edmonton was beautiful. It was all flat fields, perfect squares and rectangles of different shades of green. And, almost everyone had a house surrounded by trees down a little lane of the main road.
Anyways, I made it. Luke was there to pick me up. I was so happy to see him! Ever since I got here, I've been so happy just knowing that he's right here with me. Awww isn't that just sweet. It's been a month since he came up here. We made a stop at a couple stores and had some lunch, before coming to the hotel. I took a nice loooong nap, while Luke went and practiced for a bit. We had dinner at Boston's Pizza. Ok, I may have made that name up, but its at least close:) After dinner, we walked a couple blocks around downtown. Here is a picture of us on these cool bike things made out of all kinds of metal stuff. There were actually 4 or 5 bikes. I should have taken a picture of all of them, but we're cuter than bike art. haha
Anyways, I made it. Luke was there to pick me up. I was so happy to see him! Ever since I got here, I've been so happy just knowing that he's right here with me. Awww isn't that just sweet. It's been a month since he came up here. We made a stop at a couple stores and had some lunch, before coming to the hotel. I took a nice loooong nap, while Luke went and practiced for a bit. We had dinner at Boston's Pizza. Ok, I may have made that name up, but its at least close:) After dinner, we walked a couple blocks around downtown. Here is a picture of us on these cool bike things made out of all kinds of metal stuff. There were actually 4 or 5 bikes. I should have taken a picture of all of them, but we're cuter than bike art. haha


3 comments:
You guys look SO cute in this picture! Glad you're already well on your way to keeping me updated through your blog. OH CANADA! (that's me singing)....miss you, so glad you're having fun!!!!!
It looks like you're off to a great start on a great vacation!! I'm so happy for you! Have fun and be careful! (Moms have to say that) I love you!
Oh Nicki, I have been wondering how your trip has been going and wishing I could call you and talk to you about it(I tried it once, and no luck, so I figured no phone service out of country, I get it) Life is crazy right now and I haven't been looking at blogs in a long time. How could I have missed all of these great blogs you have posted. I am so sad! But now, I will be on here all the time. I get updates! Yay! I haven't read all the posts yet, because I wanted to hurry and type and tell you how excited I am you have all these posts, because I think Sam is going to tell me it's time for us to go to bed soon and I will have to finish looking at them tomorrow. So I will probably comment more later. I love you lots sister! You are wonderful. I am glad you are safe.
Post a Comment