Saturday, July 26, 2008

Pioneer Day 2008

Happy Pioneer Day Utahns! The 24th of July is Utah's birthday. I got to spend it with my sister, Ashley and her family. Mandy and Sam were there too, because our brother was supposed to be in the demolition derby that night. Unfortunately, he couldn't get a part for his car at the last minute, so he couldn't be in it. We still had a good time. And let me tell you, taking the rest of this week off work was the best decision I have ever made. I have got to enjoy my time home after my vacation. It has been so nice.

This was when I first got there. The parade was just starting, and as soon as Avrie saw me, she ran to me for a hug. I love her. And her new haircut is my favorite! I love it! Ashley's too.


Avrie is waving at the beautiful princesses.

This is Shelby (right in the center). She is Avrie's other aunt, Kevin's little sister. She's on drill team and was in the parade. Good job, Shelb.

Kev and Sam.

I love my sisters. We really are best friends. Oh, I'm not that short. I'm the only one that wasn't standing on the curb.

Bug Juice teeth. She thought her red teeth were so funny.


Mommy and Avrie with a silly smile.

We went to the parade in Spring City, then to the parade in Fairview. Then I went to lunch at Wheeler's Drive In with Dad and Anona, her daughter Jen and her boyfriend Mike, and Mandy and Sam, and Johnny Rock. I don't think there is anyone in this world as funny as John. He puts us all in tears from laughing so hard everytime I see him. I wish everyone that reads this could know him. He is hilarious.

I tried taking his picture and he said "take a picture of this". Nice John.

You can see that he is the center of attention. Jen, Anona, Dad, Mike and Johnny.

John was showing us a "wrestling move" here.

Avrie at Spring City Park.

Avrie and Mandy. Sorry Mand, this was the best out of 3 pictures, and unfortunately the sun was too bright. I still love this though.

After we picked the Jensen's up from the park, we went to the clubhouse at Snow Garden Apartments. Ashley is the manager here, so we hang out here often. It is so fun.

Avrie and Sam played ping pong and pool.


We went to dinner and then to the derby. (Mandy has more pictures posted on her blog at www.samandmandynoel.blogspot.com). Luke and I had tickets alone. The derby was a good time. Luke left a little early to beat the traffic. After I came back to my seat, I ran into an old friend from highschool, Tiffany Strate Christiansen, and visited for awhile. Then my dad came and sat with me for the powder puff and fireworks.

Sometimes the background people totally make the photo. This picture proves that.

This is one of the highlights. A car tipped on its side. Later a car was completely knocked upside down. That always makes for a good time.

The firefighters running off the track, after pushing the car back over.


After the derby was fireworks. And then I stayed at Ashley's. I got a nice morning wakeup from Avrie. She always says "Good morning, Nick. The sun is up". Then she brought me breakfast in bed. We read some books when Ashley went to work. Then I took her to McDonalds. She calls it "Old McDonalds". We met Tiffany and her 2 kids for lunch. Then played at her house for a minute. It was good catching up. I stopped at Ashley's work to say goodbye. And while we were there Avrie was sitting behind the desk with Ashley and a customer (a girl moving in and her mom) came in to pay their rent. I was sitting somewhere that Avrie couldn't see me. She suddenly yelled "Nick"! I peeked around the corner and said "What"? She just said "I love you". She had thought I left her without saying goodbye. The mom and daughter just laughed at her. It was so cute. I miss her the second I have to leave. She is so sweet.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Can Avrie be any more adorable? I am pretty sure she cannot be. That is the epitome of cute.
Her and Emma would look like sisters together.