Sunday, July 27, 2008

Truck Pull ENGAGEMENT

My stepdad Joey competes in truck pulls. This weekend he had a pull in Tooele, so we were able to go. They build a big bad truck and attach it to a big "sled". It's like a trailer with this big weight on it that gets heavier the further you go.

This is Joey and his daughter Kristy getting the truck ready to go. He was working on it at the last minute, because something was wrong with his truck. I should listen closer, but truck talk goes right over my head.

His trucks name is 2Psycho. This picture proves it was named after him;)

Mom and me.

Here we all are watching and waiting for Joey's turn.

Brayden and Jessi having a thumb war.

I think Joey has rubbed off on mom. She's looking a little psycho too. haha

And Joey's up. The moment we've been waiting for. We all knew Joey was having problems with his truck, but everything sounded so good. Unfortunately, he didn't make it very far before the truck died. Hopefully it isn't something too hard to fix and he'll win the next one. We still had a good time and were glad we got to go see him pull.

"I am a man. I'll be over here by this truck, cause that's what men do". Jessi Carlson

Mom and Sherrie. Sherrie is one of the sweetest ladies I have ever known. She is my favorite! I'm so happy every time I get to see her and her family. She has the nicest kids too.

Sherrie and Mom doing the chicken dance. These pictures are hilarious. They entertained the whole crowd!

Me and Luke.

After the truck pull, Luke and I drove separate, so he beat me home by a few minutes. When I got home, Luke met me outside which I thought was a little strange. Especially because it was so late and we were so tired. So, he was being so sweet and talking to me and then he said, "Before we go in, I need to ask you something". He got down on his knee, pulled something out of his pocket, and asked me to marry him!!!! I was in shock. I think I just stared at him for awhile and I remember feeling his closed hand and I felt a ring and finally said "YES"! I still can't believe it. We have been talking about it a lot lately, but I still wasn't sure he'd really do it. I was surprised. And I couldn't be happier. I love him so much and can't wait to spend my life with him! So, we're planning on fall/winter to have the wedding! I can't wait!

6 comments:

M and N Tenny said...

WOOHOO!!!! So in love with your ring! Congratulations, glad you've announced it so that I can speak openly about it over "blogger"...hehe!

M and N Tenny said...

Hillarious that you have to read the whole post to get to the engagement part...

Kristen Victoria said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! It's about damn time! Awwwww you guys are so cuteeee. Now you get to have fun calling him your fiance, at least for a few months! hehe

Chris said...

Nikki, Your blog rocks!
And your engagement rocks even more!

Holy what a charmer Luke is. I didnt see that one for a mile away. I thought he was going to wait to win a tourney before doing so. Well now he has even more incentive to win one.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! (did i spell that right?)

Heather said...

NIKKI, Let me be the first errrrr fifth to CONGRADTULATE you! I couldn't be happier for you both! Now my only hope is that great "LUKE'S" think alike... j/k!

P.S. NICE ROCK!

The Wright's said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so excited for you!!!