Day 6...
Ok, its been a couple days... We made it to Winnipeg and I took it easy on Monday, by sleeping in and hanging out at the hotel for a bit. After sleeping in, I ordered room service (picture to follow) and "blogstalked". We just hired a new office manager for our Spanish Fork office that I happened to "know" through the grapevine. Emily was married to my sisters ex-boyfriend's brother. She's from Manti, near where I am from and from her page, I found some friends and then more and more and even cousins I didn't know had blogs, but really who doesn't have a blog now? If you don't you really should. It could be my new favorite thing ever, my new obsession, until the next thing comes along. After finally forcing myself to put the computer down, I headed down to The Forks, which is a food/shopping area by the Red River. It's so cool down there. I sort of reminded me of walking around the shops by the pier along the beach, only everything was indoors. They did have an outdoor "tent" sort of thing. It looks like it is used for maybe concerts or something. There were lights and disco balls hanging from the tent. I really will take pictures before I leave. I just need to get Luke back down there, so I don't look like a total dork taking pictures of myself or of things without people. They do boat tours on the river too. I plan to take my book down and read one afternoon, but the tournament starts tomorrow, so we'll be busy. Here are some pictures of our hotel. I think it used to be apartments or something. They have a kitchen, living room, bathroom and bedroom (with tiny beds, ridiculous).
Ok, its been a couple days... We made it to Winnipeg and I took it easy on Monday, by sleeping in and hanging out at the hotel for a bit. After sleeping in, I ordered room service (picture to follow) and "blogstalked". We just hired a new office manager for our Spanish Fork office that I happened to "know" through the grapevine. Emily was married to my sisters ex-boyfriend's brother. She's from Manti, near where I am from and from her page, I found some friends and then more and more and even cousins I didn't know had blogs, but really who doesn't have a blog now? If you don't you really should. It could be my new favorite thing ever, my new obsession, until the next thing comes along. After finally forcing myself to put the computer down, I headed down to The Forks, which is a food/shopping area by the Red River. It's so cool down there. I sort of reminded me of walking around the shops by the pier along the beach, only everything was indoors. They did have an outdoor "tent" sort of thing. It looks like it is used for maybe concerts or something. There were lights and disco balls hanging from the tent. I really will take pictures before I leave. I just need to get Luke back down there, so I don't look like a total dork taking pictures of myself or of things without people. They do boat tours on the river too. I plan to take my book down and read one afternoon, but the tournament starts tomorrow, so we'll be busy. Here are some pictures of our hotel. I think it used to be apartments or something. They have a kitchen, living room, bathroom and bedroom (with tiny beds, ridiculous).

Here is a picture of my room service omelette that I ordered... These are "hashbrowns". I think they are actually whole potatoes???Day 5
Luke played a pro-am today and yesterday, so I was on my own again. I'm not gonna lie, shopping is much better alone, or at least not with a guy. I went to, yet another mall. City Place and Portage Place Malls. They are basically connected. Not the greatest, apparently I mistook the name of the mall the girl at The Forks told me about. I was wondering what she was talking about, when she said it was a great mall. Maybe I'll have time to make it to the "good" mall before I leave. When Luke got home, we went back to The Forks and had dinner at the Old Spaghetti Factory.
Day 6
I have been absolutely spoiled, with the amount of days I have gotten to sleep in. I don't know if I will ever be able to get up for work again. This is heaven to me! I ordered room service again and played online this morning, while it was raining. Today I got a belgian waffle with "sausage". My sausage was actually hotdogs split in half. I couldn't help, but laugh. I should have taken a picture. Sorry that you have to miss out on that one. I went down to The Forks again, and bought a few things I had my eye on.
I have been looking forward to today for months! I have been following Luke's caddy from here last year on his blog. He has a 3 year old daughter that has Type 1 Diabetes. My sister, Ashley, also has Type 1. I am always crying when I read his blog, either at Emma's diabetes stories, that I always relate to my sister. I hate that anyone has to deal with this stupid disease. Or I'm crying from laughing at random funny stories on his blog www.eyesrubbed.blogspot.com It is my favorite blog to read, however, he's been busy lately and hasn't kept it up as much. I guess I'll forgive him, since they have recently had a baby and bought a new house. So, since last year I have been reading about Emma and told Luke that what I wanted most out of my trip to Canada, besides of course spending time with him, was to meet Emma. I finally got to meet her and her baby sister, Anna, tonight. I couldn't have been happier. They are both the sweetest little girls. And Chris and Denise were great too. Denise was great company and Chris made some great chicken wings! Thanks again both of you! I hope we get to see you girls again before we leave.
This is Anna. She's 5 months old. She was so happy and mellow. She was so cute and cuddly. She got tired and was just resting on my shoulder. And her cheeks! So cute!
I brought the girls a little present. The purple hippo is what I got for Anna. I also got them a little book to share.
This is Emma. She's 3. I got her this little Strawberry Shortcake stick on playset. She thought it was fun that the stickers were "magic" and could restick when you took them off. She is so funny. She was telling me stories the whole night. She is my little hero. She was so brave as her mommy tested her sugars. She told me all about how she is diabetic. She got to have some strawberries, just like Strawberry Shortcake. She's loves them, because "they are so sweet and juicy". She also has the cutest, big cheeks. She asked me if I wanted to taste them, because they are "delicious". I was cracking up!
She was really excited that she got to ride with us back to the hotel. She put her jammies on just in case she fell asleep on the way home.








5 comments:
Nikki,
That was such a nice post. Sincerely thank you for coming over last night.
When we got home after dropping you off the first words out of Denise's mouth were "why can't we have friends like that in Winnipeg?". I totally agreed with her on that. It was a pleasure spending time with you both. The conversation and laughs just flowed. Its hard not to laugh when Emma is around though.
You and Emma just hit it off so well, as you saw we had to divert her and bribe her when it was time for you guys to go so she wouldnt start balling. She is downstairs playing with the sticky set you got her and we put "WADES" in Anna's crib later on too.
Once again it is nice to have such great people in our lives now and we look forward to keeping n touch and visiting with you more.
But for now i will see you later on today! GO LUKE!!!!!
DUDE THOSE POTATOES LOOKED GOOD! Bring some home for me! FYI!!! You must be staying at a nice place... None of the Hotel's I've been in latley have food that looked that good! HHMMMM I might be hungry!
Take Care!
I was married to your sister's ex-boyfriends BROTHER. LOL It looks like you are having a great time!!! I can't believe that you won't be back until the 28th, that is not fair. :) Have fun!!!
Ok...those little girls are sooo cute!! Their family seems very cool and fun. I'm glad you had fun and I'm glad you got to meet them in person. I know you were looking forward to it. It's great to make new friends. You are so good at it because you are so fun to be around too!! I also see that your friends from home are missing you. I'm glad you're having fun and entertaining us with your stories.
Nicki, this little post is adorable! Glad you got to meet them and had such a wonderful time. I agree with Heather, the potatoes did look quite delish! :) LOVE YOU CHICK!
Post a Comment